Whether you are an Office Manager or an employee, preventing the spread of flu in the workplace may feel like a priority. No one wants to get sick, and with the colder weather still lingering, new strains of Coronavirus becoming ever more virulent, and the typical colds, coughs, and flu making the rounds at this time of the year, preventing the spread of germs is crucial.
Colds and flu are among the most common reasons an employee will call in sick, and once one person catches the flu, it’s more than likely that they’ll pass it on to their colleagues.
Workspaces can quickly become hotbeds for germs and bacteria to spread. Because offices are typically confined spaces where multiple people gather together, it’s no wonder that colds and flu tend to spread like wildfire.
Can we stop the spread of germs in the workplace?
The good news is that we can take many measures to minimise the spread of germs and bacteria in the workplace, therefore reducing the spread of infectious illnesses and helping protect our workforce. By taking measures to keep your place of work clean and hygienic, you can drastically reduce infection rates which means your teams are less likely to get sick, and you won’t lose productivity because your employees are calling in sick.
Preventing flu in the workplace – our top tips:
- Encourage poorly employees to stay at home – if your employees feel like they have to come to work even when they don’t feel well, this can be detrimental to your entire team. Make it your policy to allow people to work from home or take a sick day if they are feeling unwell to prevent infection.
- Disinfect surfaces regularly – office desks, kitchen areas, communal spaces, light switches, and door handles are all frequently touched areas where germs can easily pass from one person to the next. By disinfecting these surfaces regularly, you can minimise this.
- Open windows when possible to encourage air circulation – good air circulation can help to reduce the spread of disease. When possible, open some windows to allow stagnant air out and fresh air in.
- Encourage good hand washing practices – good hand washing should be practised amongst your employees at all times to ensure germs don’t spread through contact or touching surfaces.
- Keep antibacterial wipes and hand gel on every desk – by keeping wipes and hand gel close at hand and accessible, you will make it easier for employees to remember to do their bit.
- Hire an office cleaning services – a professional office cleaning team can help to clean and disinfect surfaces, particularly those forgotten areas, and ensure your workplace is as clean and hygienic as possible.
- Consider an office deep clean. Regular office deep cleaning can also be beneficial when it comes to preventing flu in the workplace. So consider hiring a professional team to deep clean your offices every few months.
Our office deep cleaning service includes:
- Thorough deep cleaning & sanitation
- Dust extraction by using an effective Hepa filtration system
- Destruction of potentially harmful particles & germs on surface areas
- Electrostatic disinfection, a method which kills 99.999% of all pathogens, bugs, & viruses and will continue to do so for a further 28 days after it has been applied.
We recommend a combination of deep office cleans, and daily office cleans to keep your workspace as clean and germ-free as possible. Doing so will create a safe and healthy environment for your employees, reduce sickness absence and create a more positive and productive atmosphere from which to work.
While we appear to be through the worst of the pandemic, Coronavirus continues to affect thousands of individuals and the businesses they work for all over the UK. Other flu strains have always been and will continue to be one of the leading causes of employee absenteeism. Therefore, implementing measures to safeguard employees against illness is imperative.
Why Choose Alliance for Your Office Cleaning Services?
Our cleaning teams are made up of experienced and passionate cleaning professionals. Our commitment to employee training means that all our team members are up to date on the latest in cleaning standards and safety.
Our hardworking, reliable cleaners are committed to providing the highest service standards and will execute your cleaning plan with pride and care.
You will be assigned a dedicated Contract Manager at the start of your contract to ensure that you remain satisfied and that your expectations are exceeded.
We are proud to be both people and planet-first and ensure we only use sustainable, eco-friendly cleaning products and methods to ensure we do our bit for the planet while delivering an effective, efficient service. Our cleaning services can save your business time and money, keep you running efficiently and effectively and ensure your offices are pleasant and safe spaces to work in.